Friday, May 2, 2008

Tears of Tomorrow

I have tears of sorrow for tomorrow
Another one leaves
and the grass will be greener
the leaves
because of the sorrows of tomorrows

Yes we had laughter
our times of together
but tomorrow
who knows where the many may road leads
I may open my eyes
and have tears inside
because tomorrow
you did not get out of bed
now you're another memory
in my head

I have tears for tomorrow
so I won't think of sorrow
and borrow every day
with a smile of your face
till I close my eyes there are no tears of tomorrows

1 comment:

kcanel said...

I really liked this poem. Death seems to be an issue that affects everyone, and differently at that. In real life I lost my grandfather, whom played my father figure in my life. When I read this poem it really hit home for me. It described exactly the way I feel and exactly the way I felt. Death also seemed to be a common theme in our readings throughout each anthology. The one that sticks out right of the bat is "Old Granny Weatherall" and her outlook on life and death. Peace of mind is definitely something that we take for granite throughout life, and even in death. Fortunately, if your strong enough, death does give us perspective in time.

Katie